8 I.T Band Foam Roller Release Breathing & Stretches
|n/a||1||5 side leg: 5 front hip: 5 back hip||Slowly||Your Choice|
|REPS||5 side leg: 5 front hip: 5 back hip|
- Release tightness down the outside of the leg, from hip to knee.
- Releasing front and back of hip.
- Front and Back of Hip Musculature
- I.T Band (Side of leg) Connections
How to Perform
- Begin by placing a roller under your right hip.
- Using your arms and left leg to help you, drag your lower leg along the roller.
- Repeat 4 to 5x’s
- Then proceed to roll over the muscles in the front of your hip and then the back of the hip 4 to 5x’s.
- Repeat on other leg.
- It’s easy to over recruit your neck and shoulders while trying to roll over your hips and side leg. Ensure your shoulders are away from your ears while rolling forward and back. It also helps to use the top leg to reduce the load on the upper body.
- Too much pressure and lack of breathing can inhibit the release. Ensure you are breathing and using a softened pressure.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD
Be mindful to place arms at shoulder level or below when rolling.