2 Lying Lumbar Rotation Breathing & Stretches
|n/a||1||10||Exhale knees to one side: Inhale knees to center||Your Choice|
|TEMPO||Exhale knees to one side: Inhale knees to center|
- To release tightness in the back, hip and chest muscles.
- Opens the body in preparation for strengthening exercises.
- Pectoral Musculature
- Para spinal Musculature
- Abdominal Musculature
- Gluteal Musculature
- IT Band
How to Perform
- Begin by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Arms extended flat out from shoulders.
- Take a deep breath in and on your exhale slowly lower your knees to the right as you look over your left shoulder.
- As you inhale, pull your knees back to center. As you slowly exhale, lower the knees to the other side.
- The opposite shoulder may lift from the floor. Ensure as you move from side to side, that both shoulders stay secure on the floor.
- Avoid if painful.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD
Keep arms no higher than shoulder level and palms of the hand turned down.