|Body Weight||1-2||1||Hold for 4 breaths||Complete both legs then rest 1 min.|
|TEMPO||Hold for 4 breaths|
|REST||Complete both legs then rest 1 min.|
- Stretches the upper and lower body.
- Encourages strength and stability in the lower body.
- hip flexors
How to Perform
- Begin with feet together. Ensure you are breathing deeply.
- Exhale and step your right foot back, turning your right foot out on a 45 degree angle, with heel down.
- Inhale sweep arms over head with palms facing each other. Hold for 4 breaths.
- Exhale, lower hands to the hips, turn right ankle out, then Inhale, stepping the right foot to meet the left.
- Repeat on the other leg.
- This yoga pose can be challenging for those not used to it. It's strongly suggested you try the basic stretches in the Beginner and Intermediate programs first. It would also be helpful to master the Split Squat exercises from the Advanced program.
- It's common to forget to breath deeply when completing this yoga pose. It's helpful to remember that the breath is the foundation of each pose. Breathing deeply will also help optimize each stretch.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD