|Body Weight||1-2||1||Hold 30 sec to 1 min||30 sec|
|TEMPO||Hold 30 sec to 1 min|
- Reduce Forward Head Posture or “Text Neck” (when the head sits forward of the shoulders)
- Strengthen neck extensor musculature
- Neck Extensor Musculature
How to Perform
- Standing against a wall with feet approximately 1 ft from the wall.
- Externally rotate your arms and hands. Pinch your shoulders blades gently together.
- With your chin tucked, lift your hips, back and shoulders from the wall.
- Be mindful not to arch your lower back or push the hips out too much.
- It’s common for the hips to move forward and the low back to excessively arch. Ensure that your ankle, hips, shoulders and ears are in the same line from the side view.
- It’s also common that the chin tilts up, cocking the head back. To avoid this, pretend you are holding an apple between your chin and your chest.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD