Twist 3: Standing
|n/a||1||As many as you can complete with ease in 1 min||n/a||Your Choice|
|REPS||As many as you can complete with ease in 1 min|
- Aids spinal alignment and mobility.
- Reduces Sympathetic Tone (Fight or Flight).
- Pre exercise warm up.
- Trunk and Hip Rotator Musculature
How to Perform
- Begin by standing with feet greater than hip width apart.
- Soften the knees and hips.
- Begin to rotate the upper body, hips and arms around your spine. Creating a effortless swing from side to side.
- Relax into the swing as you belly breath through the exercise.
- It’s easy to forgot to rotate from the hips. Ensure you rotate with the whole body. Don’t hold tension in this exercise, let go and allow the body to relax and open.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD
Complete the twist with arms low. No more than 45 degrees away from the body.