Twist 1: Seated on Chair
|n/a||1||5 Breaths||Inhale Extend the spine: Exhale Twist further each breath||Your Choice|
|TEMPO||Inhale Extend the spine: Exhale Twist further each breath|
- Aids spinal alignment and mobility.
- Reduces Sympathetic Tone (Fight or Flight).
- Para Spinal Muscles
- Waist Musculature
How to Perform
- Begin by sitting on a chair facing forward.
- Inhale, extend the spine by pretending a string is pulling the back of your head up towards the ceiling.
- Exhale take your right hand to your left knee and twist, looking over your left shoulder. Ensure a tall and straight spine is maintained.
- With each inhale, lengthen the spine and with each exhale deepen into the rotation.
- Repeat till end range is reached.
- Repeat on other side.
- It’s common to loose a lengthened spine when doing this stretch. Ensure with each inhale to lengthen the spine. When you exhale, ensure you don’t round the upper spine.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD