|n/a||1||1||Hold 45 sec on each arm||Your Choice|
|TEMPO||Hold 45 sec on each arm|
- Release chest muscles to help improve function and posture
- Pectoral Musculature
How to Perform
- Begin by facing a wall.
- Extend your left arm out from your body and angle it slightly higher than your shoulder. Bend your elbow to 90 degrees.
- Place your right hand by your chest to help push your right side of the body away from the wall.
- Inhale to straighten the spine and life the chest slightly.
- Exhale and use the right hand to push your right side body away from the wall.
- Repeat on the other side
- If the chest rounds, it’s difficult to get the pectoral muscles to stretch. To avoid this, ensure that you can extend your upper spine as you move into the stretch.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD
Avoid this exercise. As an alternative try the Lying Lumbar Rotation.