Passive Adductor Stretch
|1||1||Hold 45 sec||Your Choice|
|TEMPO||Hold 45 sec|
- Release inner thigh musculature for ease of movement.
- Adductor musculature
How to Perform
- Begin by lying on your back with your arms extended out at shoulder level. Bend your knees with your feet planted flat on the floor and together.
- Take a deep breath in and as you exhale, gently allow your knees to fall out to either side as the palms of your feet face each other.
- If you’d like to increase the stretch and are able to maintain your head and shoulders flat on the floor, bring your hands to your inner thighs. Inhale and as you exhale gently push your hand into your thighs to increase the stretch.
- When completed gently bring your knees together.
- When completing this stretch, it’s important to not move too quickly in or out of the stretch as this can lead to muscle strain.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD