Lateral Arm Raise
|5-10lbs||2||10||2 Rise: 2 Lower||45 sec|
|TEMPO||2 Rise: 2 Lower|
- Strengthens and tones arms and shoulders
- Arm and shoulder musculature
How to Perform
- Begin by standing with feet hip width apart.
- Sit back slightly into the heels as you lengthen your spine by pretending a string is pulling the back of your head up towards the ceiling.
- As you inhale, lift weights out to the side with arms slightly bent and slightly forward of the shoulder.
- Exhale, slowly return the weights to the start position.
- If the weight is too heavy, it’s easy over recruit your shoulder and neck muscles. It can also encourage a swing motion to get the weights lifted. Lower the load of the weights and try slow and controlled movements. If you still encounter shoulder or neck irritation, stop the exercise and consult an exercise professional.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD