1 Knee to Elbow Cross Over Warm Up
|n/a||1||20||Slow and Controlled||Your Choice|
|TEMPO||Slow and Controlled|
- Upper and Lower body pre-exercise warm up
- Overall Body Warm Up
How to Perform
- Begin by standing with feet greater than hip width apart.
- Inhale, extend arms over head in a v shape.
- Exhale lower right elbow to raised left knee.
- Inhale extend arms back overhead in a v shape.
- Exhale lower left elbow to raised right knee.
- Repeat several times.
- Stability can be challenging in this exercise. Try the hamstring curl exercise first until greater stability is achieved.
- If thoracic extension is limited in the upper spine, the shoulders and neck can become tight and irritated during this exercise. If so, it’s suggested to do the Intermediate program’s “Breathing and Stretching” exercises first to release the inhibiting areas.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD
Bring hand to knee and keep arms below shoulder level when raised.