Hamstring Stretch with Chair
|n/a||1||1||Hold 45 sec on each leg||Your Choice|
|TEMPO||Hold 45 sec on each leg|
- Release Hamstrings (back of legs)
- Hamstring Musculature
- Calf Musculature
How to Perform
- Begin by facing an elevated surface. (Best to start with a stair if you find yourself tight, then move to a chair).
- Bring one foot to rest on the elevated surface. Be mindful to keep both feet and hips forward and aligned.
- Inhale, lengthen your spine towards the ceiling, Exhale bend forward from your hip (not your back). Hold
- Inhale and as you exhale fold forward.
- Lastly and only if feeling open, as you exhale, pull the elevated toes towards your nose.
- It’s easy to bend from your low back, making the stretch ineffective. Ensure your back is straight while bending from the hip. It’s helpful to feel for your seat bones and think of them moving back behind you.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD