Front Plank 1: Elbows / Knees
|Elbows to knees||2||1||Hold 10 sec to 30 sec||45 sec to 1 min depending on exercise response|
|LOAD||Elbows to knees|
|TEMPO||Hold 10 sec to 30 sec|
|REST||45 sec to 1 min depending on exercise response|
- Increase strength and endurance in the deep core and shoulder stabilizer muscles.
- Promotes healthy functional movement patterns through core stabilization.
- Strengthens and protects back from injury.
- Deep Core Abdominal Musculature
- Shoulder and Chest Musculature
How to Perform
- Begin by facing the floor with your elbows under your shoulders and your lower body resting on the floor.
- Engage the core by drawing the belly in towards the spine gently.
- Begin to lift your hips up as you come to rest on your knees.
- Ensure a neutral spine and hold.
- Slowly lower your hips and come back to the start position.
- Many over recruit the outer layer abdominal muscles and arch the upper and lower spine. To ensure it is done correctly, try and maintain a neutral spine with shoulders away from the ears.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD