Forward Bend Roll Up
|Body Weight||1||6||Slowly||Your Choice|
- Release and stretch low back, hamstring and calf muscles.
- Stretches and opens upper back vertebrae.
- Low Back Musculature
- Hamstrings and Calf Musculature
How to Perform
- Begin by standing with upright posture.
- Breath deeply into the belly.
- Inhale, extend arms over head.
- Exhale, fold forward slowly, allowing hands, head and shoulders to simply hang.
- Hold for a breath or two.
- With a slight bend in the knees, Exhale. Push through your feet, using the back of your legs to roll up one vertebra at a time. Returning to an upright posture.
- Do not complete this exercise if you have any spinal pathologies.
- It's common to forget to breath deeply when completing this stretch. Breathing deeply helps optimize each stretch.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD
Avoid raising arms over head. Alternatively, bring them out to the side below shoulder level