Feldenkrais Shoulder Spine Integrator
|n/a||1||10||Slowly slide hand back and inhale: Exhale as you return to start||Your Choice|
|TEMPO||Slowly slide hand back and inhale: Exhale as you return to start|
- Integrates efficient rotation with the shoulder and thoracic spine.
- Improving thoracic rotation. Great for golfers!
- Reduces Sympathetic Tone (Fight or Flight).
- Para Spinal Muscles
- Shoulder and Chest Musculature
- Waist Musculature
How to Perform
- Lying on your side with a yoga block or rolled up towel under your head.
- With knees together, bring them in front to 90 degress from hip. Keep feet together and at 90 degrees bent from knees.
- Straighten your spine into neutral (small curve in your low back and chest lifted).
- Bring hands together and extend them out from the shoulder.
- Slide the top hand with very little effort over the bottom. As the hand moves towards the shoulder begin to twist your spine, Slowly rotating your head over the shoulder. Go as far as feels comfortable.
- Return and repeat.
- Many use too much force to generate the movement. Go gently and the rotation will begin to feel smooth while creating greater rotation.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD