|n/a||1||10||Exhale Cat: Inhale Cow||Your Choice|
|TEMPO||Exhale Cat: Inhale Cow|
- To mobilize the spine
- Helps release tightness in the back, hip, abdominal and chest muscles
- Neck Musculature
- Back Musculature
- Pectoral Musculature
- Abdominal Musculature
How to Perform
- Begin on your hands and knees in a table top position. Take a deep belly breath as the abdominals reach towards the floor.
- As you exhale the belly goes towards the spine. Your head tucks under and towards the chest. Push your hands into the floor and round your back into a hunched position.
- As you inhale, the belly extends towards the floor, aching the lower back. Your head looks forward and slightly up as you extend the upper spinal curve by dropping the chest towards the floor.
- Spinal mobility and co-ordination can be limited initially with this exercise. Being mindful of each movement of the spine, noticing where you feel restriction and focusing your attention there will bring great flow into those areas.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD