Calf Wall Stretch
|n/a||1||1||Hold 45 sec each leg||Your Choice|
|TEMPO||Hold 45 sec each leg|
- Increase ankle mobility
- Calf Musculature
How to Perform
- Begin facing a wall.
- Bring the toes of your right foot up on to the wall and the heel on the floor.
- Ensuring you maintain a soft but straight right leg, move your body up and over the right heel to feel a deep stretch of the calf muscle.
- Repeat on the other side.
- This stretch is challenging without foot ware as the toes may bend and become uncomfortable, while decreasing the stretch at the ankle. Try the stretch in running shoes.
- Ensure your heel is close enough to the wall to encourage an optimal calf stretch.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD