|5-15lbs||2||10||2 Lower: 2 Rise||30 to 45 sec|
|TEMPO||2 Lower: 2 Rise|
|REST||30 to 45 sec|
- Strengthen and tone arms
- Increase lean muscle mass
- Arm and Shoulder Musculature
How to Perform
- Begin by standing with feet hip width apart.
- Sit back slightly into the heels as you lengthen your spine by pretending a string is pulling the back of your head up towards the ceiling.
- Bring weights up into a curl as you keep your elbows in tight towards your rib cage. Do not allow the elbows to move forward or back.
- Exhale, slowly lower the weight down.
- Inhale and slowly return the weights to the start position.
- If the weight is too heavy, it’s easy to create a swinging motion with your back and hips to bring the weights up. To avoid this, engage the core by drawing the belly in towards the spine and remain straight.
- Also, in order to curl the weights up, the elbows may move forward and away from the rib cage. Try and keep them in and only curl up as far as the elbow position allows.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD