Back Extension Stretch Over Ball
|Body Weight||1||10 Breaths||Inhale extend over the ball: Exhale squat down to the floor.||Your Choice|
|TEMPO||Inhale extend over the ball: Exhale squat down to the floor.|
- Stretches the upper body and hips.
- Improves hip mobility
- Chest Muscles
- Para Spinal Muscles
- Abdominal Muscles
- Hip and ankle musculature
How to Perform
- Begin by sitting on the ball.
- Slowly tuck the chin in and walk out allowing your upper body to drap over the ball.
- Cup your head in your hands. Release your upper back, head and hips over the ball.
- Exhale, sink into the hips, lowering them to the floor while maintaining your back on the ball.
- Inhale push through the feet and move back over the ball into extension.
- Some find this challenging for stability initially. If it doesn’t feel comfortable, switch to the Upper Back Opener with Foam Roller.
- To ensure you obtain a full stretch, make sure your hips and back stay connected to the ball. If this produces pain, stop the exercise and consult an exercise professional.
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD